Bookshelf Speaker Stand Difference?

Hello,
When I think book shelf speakers, I have thought that the designated speaker stand from the same brand performs the best for a speaker.

For example, Focal Utopia Bookshelf - Focal Speaker Stand for this model.

Today I happened to have a conversation about this, and heard that as long as you use reasonably high quality/heavy stand (for example, Solid Steel Speaker Stand about 30lbs), there would be NO sound quality difference compared to using the designated speaker stand.

For speaker stands, benefits of designated speaker stands are

1) Aesthetic
2) Can be connected to the speaker

And... reasonably there is no sound quality advantage.It’s just matter of taste and convenience.
(A bit of secure connection too.)

How’s your experience?

And do you know any top quality speaker stand that I can use universally?

Thank you.
128x128sangbro
@audiokinesis Those look pretty spectacular! Are you going to be able to produce enough of them to make them attainable to the average Joe or will they remain the domain of the ultra blessed? 
@dadork, thank you very much.

We’ll certainly try not to overprice them, but they are considerably more parts-and-labor-intensive than either a comparable subwoofer or a comparable speaker stand would be.

The new version's footprint won't be as deep, and it will be a bit taller, so that it's closer to normal speaker stand height for most stand-mount speakers.  There will be a few other refinements as well.

Duke
It’s called the Super Stand. We picked that name because there just isn’t enough hyperbole in high-end audio any more. 

Excellent.
@audiokinesis ,
Thanks Duke. That looks very interesting.
May I ask:
Isn't there a need to isolate the upper speaker from the sub?
Have you considered adding an isolation base to the entire unit?
I only ask as I put some Townshend Isolation Bars under my Vandy subs and noticed a considerable 'tightening up' of the bass.
Bob
To the OP - I have found that quality speaker stands make a significant difference - generally, the heavier and more inert the better.  A good stand can allow you to get the most out of your speaker.  In many cases, the manufacturer's stands aren't the best choice.  They are built to a price point and to match the appearance of the speakers (and to make some extra money).

You also should experiment with the following:

--different footers/spikes/etc. under the stands.  You can find a lot of discussions on Audiogon about different ways of coupling/decoupling the stands.  

--the interface between the speaker and stand.  I've tried Stillpoints, Herbies, Goldensoud cones, Rollerblock Jrs. Blu Tak, etc.  Each one influences the sound.

Best of luck, and enjoy the journey!