You Tube sound comparisons

Yes it’s the high end AB testing videotaped and seen by thousands.

I have seen many of these and it sounds very good.  But I have great trouble discerning diffs between speakers, or amps or whatever.  Am I alone?

After all, sound is being heard thru my speakers.   Seems like this is a problem.  Yet so many offer their comments convinced they hear diffs.  

emergingsoul
The bottom line is there are not enough Brick and mortar stores locally so many of us have to rely on You tube as ONE avenue for selecting our components.....especially speakers. I have been able to identify certain speakers that I would not buy as a result of You Tube. Once I identify two or three that I like I then search where they are and if it is possible to do a live demo.
Good luck finding a dealer with a nice high speaker selection, and ready to test.  YouTube sucks for comparing.  Likely biased, paid reviewers seem good but biased.

overpriced stuff, it all sucks. Buy something nice to look at. It all sucks
It’s not a hobby.  It’s a means to obtain exceptional satisfying SQ.

hobby is not buying equip, paying more for an upgrade, making decisions when poor info exists, dealing with insanely complex tech stuff that most don’t understand.  This is not a hobby situation.
Hi! I have been able to identify certain speakers that I would not buy due to YouTube. Once I have identified the two or three I like, then search for where they are and whether it is possible to demonstrate in real time. Sometimes it can help me make a good choice. But this is all relative.