Tube amp Friendly Speaker That Sounds like Klipsch Cornwall

Hi All, 

I am shopping for a tube friendly speaker after a long time with Magnepan 3.6's and then Thiel CS5i's.

I was able to spend a couple of hours with a broken-in pair of Klipsch Cornwall 4's. These were in a dedicated dealer space with corner bass traps and some treble absorption. They were driven by an all McIntosh setup (7200 Receiver and T500 CD player).

The Cornwalls were dynamic, and I loved the palpable sound of the 15 inch woofer. Loud rock in roll was great with them. However, I was less impressed at lower volume levels and finally decided they were not very detailed and a bit too much in my face, at least in that setup.

When I left that room, I wandered over to where some Magnepan 1.7i's were playing in a casually set up open space. I thought the Maggies were much more resolving than the Cornwalls and a lot more laid back.

Any suggestions on a tube friendly speaker with good sized woofers that is dynamic but with good weight and detail to the sound?

Thanks for listening,

Dsper
dsper
sound best when the axis crosses several feet behind my head

Maybe I should give them another try. I was able to pull them away from the front wall but not sure how much I had them toed in.  Ultimately, I thought the Cornwalls were not especially resolving.....

how powerful is tube amp

Right now, I have a CJ LP66S (60 wpc) but only because I have a CJ 17LS2 preamp. Figured I needed to find the speakers first. I have a pair of Tyler Acoustics MM5X's and generally like their sound but want something better.

Thanks, 

Dsper 
spatial m3 sapphires

much more precise and revealing than cornwalls but has the slam and speed and palpability in spades - quite efficient too (but not as efficient as the klipsch's)