Newbie Can't Decide Which Tube Amp

Just had a Bottlehead tech build me a BeePre preamp and an MM phono. My speakers are Sonus Faber Concertos Homage (rated at 87dB sensitivity) and my budget is $4K- give or take. I am not much of a bass person. Mostly classical, appreciate the Blues, Latin, and occasional classic rock. The tech is adamant that I look for a used EAR 534.

I appreciate your feedback in advance.
ckenr
@yogiboy I think it’s safe to divide all forum respondents into two camps: Those who recommend what they own and only what they own (using all caps, or language that implies that anyone who ignores them is an idiot) and Those who consider what the OP’s parameters are and try to suggest a range of things. In other words, fanboys and non-fanboys. ;-)
@hilde45
My friend has 3 year old M120 amps. They can be used with KT88 tubes. 
@ckenrIf   If you really want to use a tube amplifier I would consider different speakers unless your room is very small. 87dB is low efficiency and you'll need about 240-400 watts in most rooms to get realistic levels with any musical genre. There are not many tube amps that make this power and sound like music at the same time! Bandwidth is hard to achieve due to limitations in the output transformer (BTW there are tube amps that don't use an output transformer).

To give you some idea of how important this is, consider a loudspeaker of 93dB, which is a moderate efficiency. It will need 1/4 the power for the same sound pressure. 100 watts is a lot easier to find in a tube amp, and in many rooms you could get by with 60 watts.
@yogiboy 
@hilde45 My friend has 3 year old M120 amps. They can be used with KT88 tubes.

Best to check with Mike @ QS and give him the serial # of the amps, and reconfirm to be sure. The latest version of the Mono 120s with the large transformers in the past two years may have a different recommendation. Not sure if it's plate voltage or what changed, if anything. Or, maybe something was learned since. I ran KT120s and KT150s in my Mono 120 amps, no issues. In fact, originally I tried to order them with KT88s. No-go.  On three separate occasions while checking on internal biasing of the small tubes, I asked and pressed it with him pretty good asking more than once.  Mike told me no, "not" to run KT88s, that I'd, quote: "burn them up" in my Mono 120s.  His web page has been updated since then.  KT88s are removed as an option for output tubes now for the QS Mono 120 amps. Definitely worth re-checking. Best of luck.  

Look here:  
http://quicksilveraudio.com/products/mono-120/  

Mono 120 now shows: "Tube Complement1 12AU7 input, 1 12AT7 driver, 2 KT120 or KT150 outputs. 
I agree with Ralph at atmosphere, But if you insist keeping your speakers, look at the Tsakadiris apollon mono block tube amps, they are right on your budget.I own this monos, they run my Andra hard to drive Speaker without a sweat, with musicality attach to it.