Anyone buys master tape dubs ?

They are $300-$600 from reliable sources. Are they worth it ? Not that I am thinking of it at present..
inna
I have just got in R2R recordings (Revox B77, MK2, 2T, HS) and have just purchased my first tape; Lyn Stanley, Live At Bernies. All I can say is wow! Probably the best recoded and sounding music source I have ever heard. That good, really did sound like being at a live concert. Love the music, but that recording and the sound on my system blew me away. Safe to say I am a convert to R2R recording. Yes, these tapes are ridiculously expensive, as is the production process, but, well worth the money IMHO.

I was so impressed with the Revox B77, I have decided to upgrade to a Revox PR99, MK2. Think it safe to say, R2R is my ultimate source material going forward.

Marcus
You might want to upgrade later to Studer, I would think. Yes, extraordinarily expensive.
@inna, you have to be careful. the master tapes can be very addictive. Makes it really difficult go back and listen to your other sources.

If I am playing tapes, I have to end on playing tapes for theĀ  night. then power everything down. Skip at least one day, then can come back to other sources.

But the tapes do chew through your wallet at a brisk pace.