Ethernet source

I'm trying, somewhat desparetely, to improve the sound quality of streaming which presently I wouldn't even say is up to cd quality, even though I,ve been streaming hi-res files on qobuz.  My streaming device is a Sonore ultrarendu.  I,m limited in terms of Ethernet access where my system is located.  I,ve been using a net gear power line device to obtain Ethernet off of 120v circuitry.  There is, however,
an Ethernet port on my tv cable box.  Would I be better off using that as opposed to the net gear?

russellrcncom
Mike, I,m using the DAC on my Mbl CD player.  My modem is about 30' away from my stereo, pretty far, IMO..  There could another option and that is I noticed an Ethernet port on the Verizon controller in my garage.  I would have to have it activated (presently it,s off) and I,m assuming its an output not input.  I could poke thru the wall and install an outlet fairly easily.  
Defintely looking into wifi mesh and wifi extenders.
I just bought this switch for my Fibre Optical setup.

https://www.ui.com/unifi-switching/unifi-switch-8-150w/  ($199)

I have a OpticalRendu just sitting on my rack waiting for the Sonore Linear Power Supply and DC5 cable to be built and shipped. I also have a Sonore microRendu with their default switched mode power supply.  I am going to be using both with 2 DACs. I will compare both the Optical and micro on 1 DAC to see if my money was spent wisely.

That switch I listed above is seriously high quality. I do not hear a difference on RJ45 compared to my old TP-Link  (nor was I expecting a diff).  The Fibre Optical is the reason I bought this switch but even without using FIbre this is an incredibly well built switch.
NEW routers have faster wifi, 5G, if yours is old, ask for a new fast one, with wifi and 4 ethernet output jacks.

ethernet cable from cable co. router is without doubt the best for anything. I would poke thru the wall.

Is that cable company device in the garage wifi? Close enough for a good signal? You could try wifi from it before you poke thru the wall, 

You can buy a network switch, it will have 1 input for ethernet cable from cable company router, the switch will have wifi and 4 output jacks.

i.e. I put a wired switch near my home theater, then 4 separate ethernet cables to: TV; AVR; BluRay; PC and use it's wifi for strong signal in that area for tablet/laptop: reaches living room, porch, back yard.
“I could poke thru the wall and install an outlet fairly easily.”

@russellrcncom
That would be the most effective way to get ‘wired’ and noise free signal to your ultrarendu. I would steer clear of ‘audiophile’ network switch or hubs. The multiple LAN ports in these switches are prime source of noise. All of these network devices generate noise from the equipment itself along with noise from the AC adapter of the power supply.
Well, I just tried using a wifi repeater and noticed no improvement (or degradation) of sound quality.  Next step is a phone call to Verizon.  It probably wouldn't hurt to switch out the modem As it's almost 9 years old.  At the same time I,m going to talk to them about activating the Ethernet port on the controller.