Paralleled Transistors

Is there any truth to the argument that many paralleled output transistors, despite strong attempts to match closely, will smear music signals as they are not identical. How about those designers. using only N channel mosfet pairs rather than complimentary P Channel devices? Just curious whether using larger more powerful Mosfets, and thus fewer pairs, is better in any way than let’s say 12 smaller pairs (24) per channel? Thanks for helping me to understand.
audiobrian
Parallel transistors, Moffett or tubes is always not a good idea. It is just a compromise - to deliver more power.

I'd just like to reiterate, you might get some really interesting discussion on the pass labs section of diyaudio.  As you can tell above, Nelson's designs are cited both as evidence in support of paralleling devices, and for simplifying and getting down to minimal parts.  Because of that, the crowd over there is actually supportive of both approaches and might give you some additional thoughts once the thread here runs its course.
Thanks again for the helpful information! I guess paralleling transistors is the more favorable approach when intermediate and high power is desired. Brands like Gamut and Gato are the exceptions, using one pair of large N- Mosfets per channel.

This is off topic but I wonder if someone can briefly explain why my high power class A Clayton S-2000 amplifier draws 6.2 amps when first turned on and then drops to 4.2 amp draw after 25-30 minutes....perhaps it is stabilizing its class A bias?  Thank you to all respondents!
I wonder if someone can briefly explain why my high power class A Clayton S-2000 amplifier draws 6.2 amps when first turned on and then drops to 4.2 amp draw after 25-30 minutes....perhaps it is stabilizing its class A bias?
That is kinda strange, i would be normal to be very high for 1-2 seconds as the inrush charges the capacitors int he LPS, but 20 minutes must be some kind of system governance. I would venture a pure guess: i runs very high bias until it hits a thermal level and then the bias is turned down to protect it from excess heat or possibly thermal runaway.
My designs employ a thermal loop as well, but it constantly hunts within a preset range - no big jumps.
G