My system is ... well, not ready

Hi Everyone,

A lot of you have been asking me to look at my system, and it’s been an absolute mess in this apartment. However!! I am moving, and I have posted the new living/listening room up in the Systems part of Audiogon. I’m 3 weeks from occupying that space, so please be patient as it will take a while to clutter it up with electronics. :)

Right now the plan is to put the TV in the bay window. It only looks at the neighbors, so I don’t mind giving it up, flanked by GIK acoustics soffit traps and standalone panels, as well as adding curtains in all the windows and doors and ceiling mounted panels.

The room is about 13' by 17' and I'll be taking lots of measurements as I go along. :)

Best,

E
erik_squires
Hi Tim,

I'll be doing a blog post with measurements.  I don't have the space for a second sub.  I've run through various scenarios with Room EQ Wizard's room simulator as well and it did not seem to help much. I think I can get excellent response if I tame some higher frequency issues.

I'll try to go through measuring the room "naked" and as I add treatment.

Lets see what happens!

Erik
Spend big bucks get a SOTA system then post big pictures everybody is waiting.HELLO!!!
Hi @ebm

Please send me your bank routing number so I can do justice to the room.

Best,

Erik
Erik, I understand your reluctance re: the acoustic blankets as they may not be decor-friendly.  My wife doesn’t mind the look but I’ve heard others have hidden them behind regular curtains.  Due to their intended purpose they are rather bulky.  For the ones installed over our windows we used double-sided shower hooks in case we wanted a more formal look.  When not needed we just pull them to one side and tie them back with a sash if desired.