Perfect Pop Songs

Those with the kind of music, lyrics, performance, arrangement and production that you could easily repeat all day.

How about starting with this one? Somewhat outside of her usual cannon and none the worse for it. Perhaps also a contender for the sexiest vocals ever?

Louie Louie  by Julie London
cd318
@reubent ,

Freedy Johnston - "Bad Reputation" is one cool record. Great video too.

@glupson,

Victims is most certainly a pop song. It has to be by the fact that it topped the UK charts for several weeks around the winter of 1983/4. I can remember watching it on the yearly roundup pop video show back then.

Culture Club was the kind of band you couldn’t admit to liking but you couldn’t ignore either. Quite a few good singles though.

@clearthinker, of course McCartney was the great pop writer. Without him, Mickie Most and Tony Hatch the 1960s pop scene would have looked entirely different. Certainly in the UK.

@mitchagain,

There She Goes by The La’s is certainly a quintessential pop song.

It could probably be a hit for anyone and it’s not surprising that Sixpence None the Richer had similar success with their own version a little later.

https://youtu.be/tMfXeuv4kZE
@mitchagain  - I like these two........

There She Goes - The La's
All I Want - Toad The Wet Sprocket

If you can find it (I have it on the v/a collection International Pop Overthrow Vol.6), listen to "One Hit Wonders Of The World Unite" by Canadian Group The Badgers (available for hearing on a YouTube video). Hooky as hell, with a killer sing-along chorus.
When I hear "pop song", Katrina and the Waves "Walking on Sunshine" is what comes immediately to mind.  Sticks in the head all day.  I haven't heard of half the stuff you guys are listing.