Subwoofer matching

I was all set to pull the trigger on a pair of REL subwoofers.  These would be used with my Avangard Duo’s and Pass Labs XA 60.8 monoblocks.  My main music is Rock, Jazz and Blues.  I have been given advice by a few people now saying the 107 efficiency of the Duo’s will make it very difficult to find a matching paint odd subwoofers.  Feed back I have been given is “... it will take a powerful subwoofer to be able to match the output levels of your speakers“ and “The only REL model that may work for this application will be the 212/SE, which has a very powerful amplifier that will allow it to blend well with your speakers.”  A pair of REL 212/SE is a budget breaker for me.  I am in not position to judge if the advice is correct or not.  Does anyone have experience negating a pair of subwoofers to a highly efficient speaker?
chilli42
"...also, "speed" is a silly term and I don't think it's applicable to subs or really anything else in audio."

Perhaps in your opinion and in your experience, but not in mine. I have tried various different combinations of three powered subwoofers; 12" and 15" - one 12" I own in a different system and the other two borrowed from friends, with my Omega Super Alnico Monitors, and in all cases I felt the subwoofers could not "keep up" with the single drivers and there was an obvious tonal lag in the portion of the bass delivered by the subs. I and the man who designed/built the Omegas express this phenomenon as "speed", others might call it something else. His recommendation was to use subwoofers either with two 8" drivers in a sealed box or multiple 8" (or at most 10") driver sealed subwoofers.  Call it whatever you want.
The sub 225 appears to be a proprietary design that includes a 300Hz crossover.
https://manualzz.com/doc/28390566/duo-fact-sheet---avantgarde-acoustic

I would think your goal would be the capability of a subwoofer that has output and control well above 300Hz and not simply high output. 
Acresverde's experience and advise seems to be the only pertinent information to your goal since this is not just any speaker system.
Suggestion from first hand experience will save you from disappointment. 
Beware and good luck with your search.
Blending a single sub with the mains and getting the tone/impact you are looking for is much more difficult in a small room.  What is your room size?  Are you planning to use REW for measurements and or some form of DSP measurement and equalization?
Room size:

19’ 8” (wide)

32’ 8” (long)

9’ 6” (Tall)

No DSP planned at this point.