Rega Planar 3 : Heavily upgraded yet produces a sound that I don't like

I have the Rega Planar 3 turntable for 30 years now. It had an original everything including a 100$ nottingham analogue cartridge/stylus.
Sound was not bad but pretty basic....
A few years ago I started upgrading it. I did all the upgrades together and the result is... not good. The sound is very accurate but it is too bright, there is almost no Bass and drums have no attack whatsoever.
I can't eliminate where the problem is because all upgrades are irreversible.
I know that the Ortofon Rondo Red has a very bright sound but still...

Here is a list of the upgrades :

1. ISOkinetik ISOvert Rega Tonearm VTA Adjustment Kit

https://www.analogueseduction.net/isokinetik-upgrades-and-parts/isokinetik-isovert-rega-tonearm-vta-adjustment-kit.html

2. Cardas Litz purple phono cable

3. ISOkinetik Tonearm Low CG weight

https://www.analogueseduction.net/isokinetik-upgrades-and-parts/isokinetik-isoweight.html

4. Ortofon Rondo Red Cartridge/stylus

5 Linn Linto phono pre amp (an old but outstanding piece which has a cult following).

6. I use Rega Elicit Apmplifer

triskadecaphobic
This is the link to read.

http://www.extremephono.com/Loading.htm

The circuit would typically be an R-C in series and that is placed between the +/- at the input to the amp (or in the amp). 

Most cartridges today into a higher impedance load (the Linn is not "high", but not low either), will have a bump in the high frequencies and a bit of a dip below that.  That is going to make them sound bright. Changing your cartridge is not going to fix the issue, at least not guaranteed. It could be better, or it could be worse.  

I can't tell you the exact value since I don't have your cartridge and amp.  Maybe Ortofon could help?  They may be able to provide some guidance on loading for a flat frequency response.
@bpoletti ,

'Maybe you're expecting more out of your table than it's capable of delivering. I had a Rega Planar 3. I returned it the next day. Bought my first VPI table instead.  

There are plenty of good-sounding tables out there without having to settle for a Rega.'

Absolutely. However, as you know, sometimes it's best to find out for yourself.

I keep reminding myself to sometimes not butt in and let my kids make some mistakes. 

Can be a good way to learn. Sometimes, it's the only way to learn.

I often berate reviewers for leading me astray when I was new to audio, but no one held a gun to my head. 

Would I have listened to an alternative opinion back then?

Not too sure that I would have. Embarrassing to think that many of us used to smugly look down on the likes of Quad, SME, Technics etc as we were held in rapture by the likes of Naim, Linn and Rega.

Thankfully, that bubble was unable to withstand the pressure of reality and eventually burst of its own accord.

Freedom at last.
The main problem with upgrading a rega is using non rega parts on them. They are designed to where every main part has a different resonance and when you mess with them they can have serious side effects. The other thing is when you get one right they can be magical but finding the right cartridge for them can be tricky because of lack of adjustments on the tonearm. I do know that the Ortofon cartridges are on the bright detailed thin side on them. You might want to try a more warm brand of cartridge that has more body like a Dynavector 10x5 or 20x2.
Hey op, have you address cartridge loading yet to see if it fixes your brightness issue?

I upgraded my Rega Planar 3 (2016 model) with the following:

--Groovetracer Reference Sub-Platter (w/cubic zirconia ball) ($275.00)

--Upgraded White Silicone Belt ($40.00)

--Groovetracer Delrin Platter ($350.00)

--MCM Sorbothane Aluminum Feet ($129.00)

--Rega Neo PSU ($395.00)

--Rega Ania Pro Cartridge

--2" Acrylic Isolation Platform

I also own a stock Rega RP8 with a Ania Cartridge. The upgraded P3 doesn't 'blow' the RP8 away but it certainly is its equal. I tried the RP8 with the Ania Pro and the vocals were too sharp for my taste. I then switched the cartridges and found that the P3 as upgraded made the Ania Pro more comfortable to me.

I realize that the turntable upgrades above were nearly $1,200.00 but I only paid $995.00 for the Rega P3 and the $2100.00 invested makes it sound as good or very close to the $3,000.00 RP8. 

I think upgrades should be done auspiciously and carefully. Frank Smylie at Groovetracer makes an amazing product that is often better in quality and design than the mass production of Rega Tables--with each table a compromise of something to fit into a particular price point. 

Are Rega cartridges the final word in music production? No. Of course not. Roy Candy, Rega's founder reminds me of the late Steve Jobs--his minimal plinth philosophy and his engineering focus creates certain proprietary goals for his products. I think Rega Cartridges, especially the moving coil selections, are excellent when coupled with a Rega Table. 

In any event, my upgrade success story is based on my subjective ears--others may find a different path. The great thing about an Audiophile hobby (my family refers to it as an addiction) is the individual enjoyment of the music. Cheers.