Why so many angry audiophiles?

Just wondering. Music is supposed to soothe the soul. If you are in reasonably good health for your age, have a good system and good music to play on it you have it pretty good it seems to me. These are blessings! Be thankful for what you got?

Just a thought.  That's how I see it.
128x128mapman

patrickdowns
152 posts
01-11-2021 11:43am
Amen. Social media seems to bring out the worst in some people, who become keyboard warriors. I see it everywhere. "If you don't have something good to say..."
I love a good debate, and often there is no one right answer. I love learning from others, but some seem to want to defend their views and choices like they're rabid dogs. Tiring.

I second that Amen !!!!
Sometimes people leave their sense of humor at the door and good humor is key to being relaxed and in good mood. I love talking about audio and no matter what someone's opinion is it never makes me angry. Certain of our members seem to use any opportunity to launch some non-audio related grievances, politics, or a belittling attitude. It needs to stop and I think we can all do a better job of policing ourselves.
I imagine it's the on-line thing.  But let's take a poll:   we've all gone to a friend's house to listen to their system.   And most of us say, "That sounds great!" no matter what we think.    SO:   how many here in that situation have given their friend sh*t or called them names because, say, they have lamp cord for speaker wire, or they just invested in an $8K power cord, use cd's rather than vinyl or have their speakers positioned incorrectly?