Why so many angry audiophiles?

Just wondering. Music is supposed to soothe the soul. If you are in reasonably good health for your age, have a good system and good music to play on it you have it pretty good it seems to me. These are blessings! Be thankful for what you got?

Just a thought.  That's how I see it.
128x128mapman
but I just can't build up the requisite amount of indignation
LOL. Never argue with idiots ... you have to descend to their level and they will *still* beat you with experience ;)

+1 for mapman. All the audiophiles I have personally met have been fun interesting people. We might disagree on some subjects such as tubes versus solid state or vinyl versus digital but the goal has always been to get the best musical playback possible. Online unfortunately,  I do see a lot of anger which may partially be a result of these stressful times. Over the years I have been able to put together a wonderful stereo system that is better musically than anything I  thought possible 20 or 30 years ago. When I need to unwind nothing is better than kicking back with a good fortified beverage and playing some music.
Here here.
Playing a Diane Krall surround SACD mastered by Doug Sax from the public library makes me happy.
On an AVR.
Hardee har har.
I can always play the stereo rip on the big rig.

Enjoy the musical journey folks.

I think that this forum would be much more attractive if we could hide the posts we don’t wanna see or smell like on fb.
We lost our way ? It is hard to lose what you don't have. Yet. We try to find it. Those angry audiophiles try that too, in their own way. Let's be nice to them, it is difficult, I know.
Well said Mapman. Couldn't agree more.

Though I am in reasonably good heath for my age I'm also reasonably fat. Gotta do a little less listening and a little more running.