Why so many angry audiophiles?

Just wondering. Music is supposed to soothe the soul. If you are in reasonably good health for your age, have a good system and good music to play on it you have it pretty good it seems to me. These are blessings! Be thankful for what you got?

Just a thought.  That's how I see it.
128x128mapman
Amen. Social media seems to bring out the worst in some people, who become keyboard warriors. I see it everywhere. "If you don't have something good to say..."
I love a good debate, and often there is no one right answer. I love learning from others, but some seem to want to defend their views and choices like they're rabid dogs. Tiring.
People need to count their blessings when they have them. Health, family, hifi...the usual suspects. These are things all human beings covet. Well, maybe not all covet hifi as much as others but there is even plenty of that to go around these days for those who do. Music soothes the soul. Hence its universal popularity.
Perhaps some people base their self-esteem on being right & audio is so subjective that there are many flavors of "right". 

Does the music make you feel happy? I feel that's all the "rightness" that someone needs in relation to listening to music.
Music can also make you feel sad. It can resonate in many ways emotionally. The great thing about it is that it does in fact register to some extent with pretty much all in different ways. It should be a tool towards contentment and happiness in the end. Helping one to battle  their demons is one of its greatest features.
Oblivious audiophiles can sometimes have that effect on people. To get a feel for just how infuriating it can be when clueless people rudely interrupt a productive conversation watch this amazingly metaphorical dramatization:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_dL_IMPP4

I can think of something like 20 people here Will Farrell could be playing, and there must be a hundred threads they have ruined. But at least he’s not playing one of you insufferable virtue signalers. You know why? Zero humor there. None. What. So. Ever.