Harley quote

Regarding two aftermarket power cables: "These differences in the shapes of the musical waveforms are far too small to see or measure with even the most sophisticated technology, yet we as listeners not only routinely discriminate such differences, we sometimes find musical meaning in these differences."

Nonsense. Just because people claim to "routinely discriminate" differences doesn't mean it's true or they're right. Apparently many have witnessed UFOs but that doesn't mean they actually saw extraterrestrial visitors, does it? Some have seen/heard a deity speaking to them "routinely"; does that imply that they are surely communing with an unseen/unmeasurable spiritual force(s)? Can we not put a little more effort into confirmatory reality-testing first when "the most sophisticated technology" can find nothing in 2020? (Of course, speaker cables can measure differently as per here, here, even if not necessarily audible in many cases by the time we connect amp to speaker.)

ARCHIMAGO
128x128fuzztone
So basically a troll. Maybe you should change your moniker to allnoise? 
nonoise6,656 posts01-11-2021 12:57amPoor, poor audio2design. Taken down a few notches from a surfeit of hubris and he's all aflutter and talking like a street punk, showing his true colors.

By the way, I haven't owned a TT since the mid '80s, punky Brewster.

All the best,
Nonoise

I’m deeply religious, reading a great scientific book right now called Carved in Stone which uses petroleum industry data to assess the Earths lithography. Yup, there was a global Flood. Mockers will always mock what they do not understand, and a favorite trick is to use a false dichotomy between religion and science.

Harley knows what he’s talking about. I confirm such things on a bi-weekly basis. If you’re not building systems, you don’t know, regardless of how much "science " you wish to appeal.
Is it a great scientific book because it supports the beliefs you already have, or is it a great book because it had undergone rigorous peer review for accuracy and reasonableness of its conclusions? I could go into this in some detail, but I will only offer this quote, from the author of that book, as my counterpoint and let others decide the likely accuracy of said book.

“There were these giant reptiles called dinosaurs that actually did go on the ark — and they came off the ark,” said Clarey, whose One Foundation-sponsored talk Friday on the GCU campus, called “Genesis, Global Flood and Giant Reptiles,” spanned the gamut of his research on the Bible’s great flood and how dinosaurs fit into the Bible story.

Is this relevant to a discussion of audio? It is, because it illustrates how we allow our beliefs to influence what information we decide to accept or not, even if the vast vast balanced of data and knowledge is counter to our beliefs. It is good to question everything, including yourself.

Post removed