Harley quote

Regarding two aftermarket power cables: "These differences in the shapes of the musical waveforms are far too small to see or measure with even the most sophisticated technology, yet we as listeners not only routinely discriminate such differences, we sometimes find musical meaning in these differences."

Nonsense. Just because people claim to "routinely discriminate" differences doesn't mean it's true or they're right. Apparently many have witnessed UFOs but that doesn't mean they actually saw extraterrestrial visitors, does it? Some have seen/heard a deity speaking to them "routinely"; does that imply that they are surely communing with an unseen/unmeasurable spiritual force(s)? Can we not put a little more effort into confirmatory reality-testing first when "the most sophisticated technology" can find nothing in 2020? (Of course, speaker cables can measure differently as per here, here, even if not necessarily audible in many cases by the time we connect amp to speaker.)

ARCHIMAGO
128x128fuzztone
@audio2design
What’s funny is these people will be the first to put down or attempt to discredit scientists and engineers who have done the work, --unless-- what those scientists and engineers say agrees with what they already believe.
It’s a valid point. I know you weren’t addressing my post, but I think my point as complementary. Sometimes science knows what to measure for and sometimes the discovery comes outside of science (such as the chemist who was also a cook and wanted to know where the umami flavor came from) and then science gains new parameters to what to look for. When science is successful, we gain a new level of descriptive power and the ability to manipulate the factors involved.

People who get up in arms against science are sometimes at odds with scientism and not science. Scientism is the belief that science tells us all we need to know about the world and that its way of describing and analyzing it is all one needs. That’s clearly not true, but it doesn’t invalidate the many ways science as a tool is powerful and complementary to the things we are interested in.

And the usual blabbering from oldhvymec (even though we love him so...)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'll take that as a complement "we love him so", back at ya.. But the guy was full of "hooey" none the less or maybe it's "suey", I may have gotten my PIG calls mixed up.. It has been a while since I took care of pigs. Still full of it.
The Emotiva system pretty much did it for me though.. MidFi at best. They always sound like they are under water to me. Putting a 600.00 cable with a 3" jumper is NOT the way to test things..  

He did prove how to make a really, really bad cable though..

Not one thing about how his spliced cable sounded. What the heck.. who cares RIGHT? It measured the same.. LOL HO HO HO.

Like comparing a 1968 Pantera with a 1968 Ford Pickup.. I had both...
Both had 4 wheel, both had 351 Cleveland  blocks (Ford V8), that's it... 
NO THEY DIDN'T SOUND THE SAME... :-)

Blabber I can, Blabber I will "Yoda"

Regards..
I love ya too, Olehvymec, You were a fixer, I was a breaker, I really learned to love Olehvymec type of guys.

Best to ya, my friend.
Regards,
Dan
Post removed 
FuzzTone didn’t write it.
I know that comes to a shock to a feeble mind.

Fuzztone didn't say "nonsense"?
Fuzztone fails reading comprehension. 
This comes as no shock whatsoever! 😂😂😂