Article: "Spin Me Round: Why Vinyl is Better Than Digital"

Article: "Spin Me Round: Why Vinyl is Better Than Digital"

I am sharing this for those with an interest. I no longer have vinyl, but I find the issues involved in the debates to be interesting. This piece raises interesting issues and relates them to philosophy, which I know is not everyone's bag. So, you've been warned. I think the philosophical ideas here are pretty well explained -- this is not a journal article. I'm not advocating these ideas, and am not staked in the issues -- so I won't be debating things here. But it's fodder for anyone with an interest, I think. So, discuss away!

https://aestheticsforbirds.com/2019/11/25/spin-me-round-why-vinyl-is-better-than-digital/amp/?fbclid...
128x128hilde45
Post removed 
jollytinker175 posts01-10-2021 9:40am
@audio2design:
It was a crap article like so many other crap articles by supposed intellectuals not realizing what they don’t know.
Look, this is utter nonsense as anyone can see if they feel like reading through the article. It’s also nonsense (but funny) that you can hear my system through my own ears and describe its problems.

Anyone who reads the article with any actual experience will quickly realize the author does not have any other than a cursory understanding of the math and little understanding of the technology. It's a puff piece.   That the article "impresses" you only substantiates my statement.  Throw around credentials (weak at best), avoid any practical discussion (since you have no actual experience), suggest conclusions (without backing it up). It's formulaic.
If you can’t hear vinyl BLOW away digital, get a better rig.  This isn't even close, guys. We don't buy a turn table that tries to reproduce that digital sound.  They sell digital trying to capture that analogue sound.  Get it?  
@cerrot, What exactly is that "analog sound"?

- compression?
- noise?
- high crosstalk?
- non flat frequency response?
- subdued bass?
- softened transients?

Can you explain this analog sound in more detail please in case I missed anything?
@cerrot I try to get my turntable to get what I associate with digital - clean background - speed accuracy - fast deep bass. I got a warm valve output CD player that’s fun.
@audiodesign I agree to an extent with what you say - despite that to me analogue is still more satisfying. The article perhaps touches on one very valid aspect (unintentionally perhaps) but it is psychoacoustic. My analogy - Digital is like a healthy salad with a Lean protein that is good for you - vinyl is a full fat 3 course meal... I love that the article was put on this forum as everyone has utterly dissected it - 🤪