Colapse to Hegel

dang, missed the 2nd l in Collapse :/

Speakers: Focal Aria 926
Thinking about moving from my Wadia 321 -->Rogue RP-1 (matched Mullards) --> PS Audio S300 to a Hegel Rost. Can get a good deal now on the discontinued Rost. The money I get from the sale of the Rogue and S300 would more than pay for the Rost. Keep the Wadi if Rost DAC does not stand up.
I am going to try get in home audition of Rost this weekend from my LD. If I fall in love with the Hegel sound I could look at one of the newer Hegels (latest DAC) and double the price but could dump the Wadia (to cover additional cost) and have everything in one box I suppose. Been running class D for many moons (not Six Moons) and am just intrigued to see if Class A/B can pull me away from my beloved Tube pre ->Class D config.

comments welcome
128x128jbuhl
@cleathinker. Yes that was one of about 6 definitions "fold into a more compact form". Also it was a play on REMs 2011 album Collapse Into Now.

Don’t you love how helpful these forums are?  Your plan sounds reasonable.  Please post follow up when you’ve made some changes.
By all means audition the Hegel.  I purchased a H360 integrated about a month ago.  In my experience it has a neutral to slightly 'dark' leaning sound, if you will.  Very smooth, nothing really stands out.  Not exactly rolled off but certainly not bright.  No fatigue at all so far.  Plenty of power, enough to push my Maggie LRS into 90 dB without any strain.  Also tried it with my old Snell type D and Gallo 3.1.  Sounds nice with the Snells but not great with the Gallo for some reason.  Might be a good match for the Focal which tend to be a little bright from what I've read (never had a pair in house).  Let us know!      
Agree with dave_b. Krell K300i . If you can demo side by side you will hear the difference. I went from separates too integrated. Sold my Hegal H190. Moved over to Krell Vanguard digital. The K300i sounds a little better than the Vanguard. None the less decided to keep the Vanguard and went with Krell Separates. The bottom line is that this is very subjective. IMO Hegal DAC is good but not great.
Post removed