What genre tends to be recorded in the most satisfying fashion?

I vote for Fado and string quartets. Of course this is a fairly meaningless generalization, but I'n curious about what anyone else thinks.
128x128m669326
Some of the early jazz records are amazing. Check out the Contemporary label for stereo and some of the Savoy recordings for mono.

Yes, I mean "has had the most care expended on the recording process", and therefore more fully demonstrates what our systems are capable of. I mean the latter in a holistic sense--as a total musical experience. I find I sometimes appreciate the literal sound/recording itself sometimes as much as the music it's transmitting. The first time I heard a really good system, I cried, and I didn't even care for the track.
I'm interested in this because I've noticed that the "quality" of a recording does seem to be somewhat dependent on its genre. For example, rockabilly tracks are usually recorded to mimic the lo-fi of their era, while classical and modern jazz strive to be as accurate as they can manage. I wish blues was better reproduced, although Jimmi Vaughn's team do a great job. I could go on.
Take a look at whatever audition playlists you've made for new speakers, or to show off new equipment to a wife who doubts your expenditure was worth it. My lists are disproportionate in certain genres.
Its a serious question. Totally get where you're coming from. But at the same time its equally obvious there's no answering. It might seem obvious Alvin and the Chipmunks recordings, or maybe the Monkees, are pure commercial with no audio quality aims whatsoever. Except the minute anyone says that starts the inter web clock ticking and its only a matter of time before some know-it-all points out the Monkees were recorded by Sam Ricker and mastered by Doug Sax at the Mastering Lab. Who also did the speed warble for the Chipmunks. 

Did you know by the way Kind of Blue was taped on one machine and mastered on another with a capstan change that resulted in this audiophile classic being sold in the millions at the wrong speed? So even when great care is taken.....