My hearing deficits are becoming clear...

Gents,
I am a life-long audiophile with a nice system which I enjoy immensely.  For years I have had problems comprehending conversations in lively rooms with lots of folks speaking at once, but it has not diminished one iota my enjoyment of my audio system.  However, today, in a room with 5 guys talking over a football game on the TV, I was just flummoxed trying to understand what the heck anyone was saying.  The aural dissonance just drove me nuts so I departed, realizing that I need to address his deficit.

I reach out to my friends on this forum for recommendations for hearing aids for an audiophile like myself.  I prefer tube amplification in my system, but I don't suppose that is possible with hearing aids.  I'd look silly walking down the street with a 12AX7 tube sticking out of each ear, right?  Any input would be much appreciated.   Mark in Sacramento
whitestix
What are you doing at a super spreader?
Don’t make me call the Vegas task force onya.
My apologies if you're in Vermont.
Dont let anyone depress you.... All people with age and even young has no perfect hearing, but hearing is not only perceiving pitch clear frequencies it is also reinterpretting the sound perceived, and with an hearing aid you can begin to enjoy again music and sound in your own personal universe .... All of us we live in our sound bubble, conscious or not of our limitations...

Many people with very good hearing but with no personal listenings history experience cannot enjoy or reinterpret the musical impression created from the sounds...You can with or without hearing aid....

Music is NOT only in sound , it is a qualified sensible but also supra sensible phenomena coming from the sound and manifested in the brain/heart/body .... Nothing is  definitively changed for you, it is only an adjustment to a more straight window to see the world from....

I wish you the best....