Audiophile streaming service

Here's one for the budding audiophile entrepreneur.
Start a streaming service that only streams the non compressed (mostly earlier versions of albums) and no download compression either as well, just for serious audiophile to use and charge accordingly.
Sure it's never going to be a streaming giant business, but it serves dedicated audiophiles, and will still make money

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi

Well if you guys take the trouble to find out the versions of what your listening to, especially earlier music, you’ll find it’s later re-releases, that are much more compressed than the earlier first release versions.
And most new stuff is compressed.

Like this but even worse, as there can be >10 different version releases.
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Golden+Earring&album=%09Moontan

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Supertramp&album=Even+In+The+Quietest+Moments

Cheers George
georgehifi,

Is this your another futile attempt to say you prefer CD’s over streaming 😂

“Well if you guys take the trouble to find out the versions of what your listening to, especially earlier music, you’ll find it’s later re-releases, that are much more compressed than the earlier first release versions. And most new stuff is compressed”

Your post has no credence cause we all know how much you despise streaming. The new stuff is compressed reference is just as relevant to CD’s....haven’t you heard a CD that sounded compressed?

Digital Streaming rocks!!! 

The new stuff is compressed reference is just as relevant to CD’s

Yes I agree, there are many compressed CD’s especially the later ones as the DR data base shows. And from how they sound these versions are the ones streaming companies use, as we’ve done A/B’s with many albums, on hiend gear.
But then there are the non compressed earlier versions, these are the ones to listen to and purchase used, and for a streaming service to stream.

That is why I started this thread, not as you make out, but for someone to start an audiophile streaming service, how ever small just to cater for music lovers that care their getting "non squashed" music when paying for it to stream.

Cheers George
@lalitk I know that @georgehifi dislikes streaming . But I have to agree that IF someone has to buy CDs, you should check the dr.loudness-war.info and purchase the CD based on the best dymanic range in that database. I ended up purchasing a few from Germany, other EU countries and Japan. The only issue is sometimes these CDs are expensive. But these CDs sound amazing and you can bump up the sound meter without ear strain and fatigue.For the past 6 months though, I have converted all my CD/SACDs to FLAC/DSD files and thoroughly enjoy streaming them. In fact my FLACs are converted to DSD in Foobar and I like the way they are rendered. Love streaming! But if I have to buy CDs (to convert to FLAC), then the DR database is what I check.