Anyone ever try to toe-out?

Before I screw around with spiked speakers on carpet...is this a nutty thing to try on one side to even out the soundstage? Due to unavoidable reflections, one speaker is overly prominent compared to the other.
I already have a thread going in which all kinds of folks offered other help/solutions/ideas around this situation. Thank you, all. Lots of things to try.
I'm just curious about this one question. Anyone ever experiment with toeing out to cut down an overly prominent side?
128x128m669326
Wouldn’t toeing out cause the speaker closer to the wall have more reflections?  Toeing your speakers in helps reduce first reflections and vice versa.

If you have reflections so bad by one speaker that its causing the entire soundstage to shift, your best bet is buying some gik 244 or 242 panels
High frequencies of a speaker fall off when siting off axis.  If you toe your speskers out in a small room you are essentially cutting the high frequencies a bit and getting quite a bit of reflections which you might find pleasing.

I prefer to treat the room well with gik acoustic products in addition to having my setup in as ideal location as possible then at the end I apply room correction software.  Just using the software to take measurements has been very helpful in setting up my system to sound better just through speaker location and room treatments.  

My setup has an extremely solid center image and pretty decent depth.  I sacrificed some width in my soundstage in order to get a more focused center image with full, fleshed out, palpable vocals.