Schiit amps, freya preamp

Is schiit good co for amps and preamps? Like smaller size
jumia
Fair enough. Over a 2 year period the only noise and microphonics complaints I got were from owners of Schiit products. Worse the noise problems were unusual in that they were not the typical hiss or rush you normally get. Keep in mind that I noise and microphonics test all of my preamp tubes (in this case I believe they were 6SN7s and perhaps 12AU7s) and they do not come back except in very rare instances. Also I am retubing equipment of much higher quality and that is significantly more expensive. To be fair, I havent retubed a Schiit component in over 2 years. 

Hey gochurchgo.....Mr Republican! Really?  
I've got a Saga+ and the tube on that has zero microphonics or noise. It is as quiet a preamp as I've ever had, solid state or tube. But, to each their own. 
I've never seen the Freya+ used for $350.  In fact, the reason they are not shipping preamps and some products is because they keep selling out their stock and are struggling to keep up with the strong demand.  They are in the midst of starting up a new facility in Texas(partly because running a business in California with its super high taxes and regulations is very challenging).  The Freya+ has been out of stock about half the time its been in existence because people snap it up as soon as it's in stock and it sells out again.

Gochurchgo, I am skeptical of your post.  You just now say that you've owned the Vidar and Freya, but only add this info on your third post in this thread, like an afterthought.  Then you declare that you have had tons of problems with them but don't actually name any specific issues.  It's just a strange way to describe one's experience.  Ditto on these Headfi threads, because headfi doesn't have any amplifier or preamplifier sections in their forum.

Why don't you put some links on these threads you talk about.  I just don't see it.

Schiit warrants the Freya+ and Vidar for 5 years.  That is a lot longer than most manufacturers warrant their equipment.  It is a little hard to believe that they could do this if their build quality was crap.
I started with a Saga and Vidar and eventually changed to a Freya + and Aegir. I also ran a Bifrost MB DAC before climbing the ranks to Yggdrasil. I have had nothing but good experiences with Schiit products and service. The Freya+ is a solid and great sounding preamp which I ran for 1.5 years happily before jumping many leagues (and price points) up to a Don Sachs preamp. Yes the Sachs bests
the Freya + but it costs a whole lot more. You will likely want to experiment with different tubes in the Freya + but that’s part of the fun of tailoring the sound to your liking. And yes, Aegir is on the Stereophile A List, along with 6-figure amps. Like Rocky in the first movie - might not win the fight, but sure isn’t embarrassed either.