Repair JL Audio F112 or buy new Rhythmic, SVS, or ??

In October, 2007, I bought two JL Audio F112 subs, which I've enjoyed since. There have been at least two trips back to JL for service, and now one of the subs won't turn on. The repair fee is $450 + one-way shipping, for a total of $600 or so.

Which leads me to consider -- would I be better off buying something new?

A brand-new SVS SB-3000 is $1000, an SB-2000 Pro is $800, a Rhythmik F12SE is $1100. JL has lower-priced lines, though I've not examined them. There are many others, of course. I would use line-level inputs, as my preamp can do crossovers and phase adjustments. The mains are Janszen Valentina P8.

Who has compared some of these? Any thoughts?  Thanks!

mike_in_nc
Have you checked this thread out?
Would be cheaper if you could do the repair or have someone else locally do it for you (assuming your issue is the same as the thread I've linked).
https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43298
Golfnutz' link photos are interesting. 
The Velodyne subs I've owned had increasing amounts of a clear caulk like material generously applied to the surface mounted components.

When I had an early F113 in the house it was an impressive subwoofer but the auto only A.R.O. and lack of remote control was a drawback coming from Velodyne.

I'm totally hooked on my Plus' remote control and preset equalizations so I'd lean towards the DSP SVS pick. In home trial period and a warranty?
Good luck with it.
Thanks, guys, for the advice. @golfnutz - I considered doing it myself the last time. Decided against it because of lack of space, poor eyesight, and mediocre soldering skills. However, I may reconsider this time.
I wish I didn't read so many Agoners having trouble with their JL subs.

The biggest reason IMHO to spend the big bucks on JL Audio is for their built in auto configuration software.

If you go with a brand that doesn't have this, be sure you can get the same results.
Erik --

It appears that JL Audio under-spec’ed some electrolytics on their plate amp; when they repair, they use higher-spec ones.

My subs are v.1 and have only the one-band ARO (EQ) -- which I don’t use, as my Anthem STR Preamp does more.

A repair would be more cost-effective, giving me a great sub for $600, and one that matches my other, recently repaired, sub. But buying something new would have amusement value, sorely needed these days. People seem to like the Rythmiks a lot. Any experience with them?