RME ADI-2 direct to amp

Hello all,

I am heavily considering one of these units as the reviews are great and I love the eq options. Anyone compared using the RME direct to amplifier vs via preamp to amp? In theory this should work out well but I tried this years ago with a Wyred4Sound unit and was not pleased with the outcome. Sounded hard and metallic. 
mofojo

What I mean is one says it, then another and another.
It’s an unwritten law the output to input ratio should be 1:10 or better eg: 1:100

Not many look at the specs to see if the ratio of what the RME output impedance is (100ohm), and if it 10 x less or more than the input impedance of the power amp it sees, in this case the Rogue at 100kohm! so 1000 x less, so absolutely problem at all.

Cheers George
I get it that it will work. When I tried it 10 years ago with my Wyred it worked as well, just sounded hard albeit more detailed. I can infer from milked's post he liked it since he has used it that way for several years. 

Things that should be technically superior do not always sound that way to my ears. 
The RME is really an amazing component for the money.....  I sold my NAD M51 to a guy to use in a second system....what was his main system DAC?  A RME ADI 2 FS DAC.....
When I tried it 10 years ago with my Wyred it worked as well, just sounded hard albeit more detailed.
My mate has a WFS and it too is hard when doing PCM Redbook compared to my discrete R2R MSB, which has even more detail and dynamics. I think it more the WFS dac being exposed when direct.

Cheers George