Uneven soundstage help, please.

I've got a pair of ATC SCM40 v2's driven by a Musical Fidelity A308 (plenty of power) and overall I'm happy with this combination, given my budget, wife, and listening habits. My system is in an incredibly complex large room, with all sorts of variables in terms of reflection, absorption, etc. And these aren't exactly the same from one speaker to another. I have no choice about speaker placement, given the room configuration.
There's a phenomenon that concerns me, though, that I haven't been able to resolve. In order to get the center centered, I need to position the speakers and listening chair in such a way that the soundstage extends all the way to one speaker, but only three-quarters of the way to the other. It doesn't sound out of whack. It's just a narrower field than I had with my older KEF References, and I wonder if it would sound even better if this was resolved.
Has anyone else faced and solved this? What factors are driving it? I've been living with it comfortably, but I wonder.
Thanks ahead of time for any replies.
m
128x128m669326
It definitely has remote balance, you can read the specs on the box in this listing. I forgot, remote mute is also often handy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-Remote-Line-Controller-RLC-1-NOS/293767588499?hash=item4465e9aa93:g:z...

he does not take returns, I would not buy from him, which is why I gave you the other link.

btw, It has two identical set of outputs. I used to compare two different systems using that, no more. They say 'front' 'rear', because it came from early days of people messing around. It was sometimes put into a tape loop, I just run everything thru it.

Remember, there is no center, it is Phantom, and you control it's location (within reason) by equal or unequal volume from l/r. Bass player on the left of center can only be done by mixing more from left, but some from right
I'm sorry to keep bugging you, but... I'm still unclear where it goes in the system. Right before the amp as a preamp? So I'd plug-in my receiver D2 to it and then output from it into the amp?
Maybe I missed it.  When you reversed the speakers L/R (or the speaker connections), there was no difference, correct?
Get hearing aids if you need them!!! It's really much smarter than trying to tune your system to accommodate your specific hearing requirements. I don't understand why people are so reluctant to do the one thing that will solve the problem most elegantly and simply.