Power amp for Vandersteen Treo?

My Audio Research SD135 power amp just died, and I'm considering my options.  It may be repairable, but I'm still researching an issue with replacement parts. 

What would be a worthy replacement of the ARC SD135 with Vandersteen Treos?  My preamp is an Audio Research LS 27.  I don't have a lot of cash.  I'm not interested in sizzle and boom, but musical fidelity, especially with piano, trumpet, and big, brassy symphonies.  I'm not a big fan of stuff I have to tweak, so tube amps make me nervous.  

Audio Research suggested I look at DS225, the class-D successor to the SD135.

My tech suggests Nakamichi Stasis amps, and in general, amps having a lot of immediately available current with refinement. 

I have an ARC D130 filling in, but it doesn't seem to play at the same level.

Suggestions?

rach_fan
I would suggest you contact JohnnyR at the Audio Connection in Verona, NJ. Not sure what your budget is but the Treo's sound really good with Belles, Ayre, Aesthetix and ARC amps. JohnnyR carries all of those brands and can give you good advice. 

I run my Treo CT's with the Aesthetix Mimas integrated amp and they sound great together. Good Luck!
^ good advice.  I owned a DS-225 a few years ago and while I initially liked the see through sound stage and transparency, it eventually wore on my ears.  I eventually switched to Ayre which was more musical and relaxed.
There is a guy over in the Stereophile Forums, commsysman who runs a Musical Fidelity M6 PRX with an ARC LS26 Pre.  He says it is absolutely magical and it is his end-game system.  

MF M6 PRXs don't come up all that often used but they were re-issued as the M6s PRX and aren't absurdly expensive.  List on it is $2490 and it is a crazy good amp at that price.  MF is a strong value because it is made in Taiwan.  

There are going to be countless others mentioned and most will be excellent.   Look for an amp that is neutral to slightly forward. If the amp is too warm (Pass, Naim, AVM) you may find the system will drift dark. 

Ayre is undoubtedly a brilliant option.  Low maintenance, superb sound profile and wonderfully musical.  A used V5xe would be awesome.  

I am an MF dealer if you are interested.  I checked stock and the distributor has stock in both Silver and Black. 

Good luck to you.