Ortofon stylus broke ?!

So I put on a New Years LP to find the stylus of my Ortofon black quintet completely gone ! I’m very careful with the management of my gear and have no idea what could have happened . The Cartridge was purchased brand new from Upscale Audio Jan 22 2019. Ortofon response is “it’s not normally covered other than a 25% of trade in” even though it’s got a 2 year warranty ☹️.  This brings up serious doubts about the durability of Ortofon products or maybe I just had a dud ..

What would you guys recommend ...although I did enjoy the Quintet Black when it was operational, is this a good time to move on to The Purple Heart ...
Regardless , very mysterious and disappointed with a stylus just breaking 😢 
thanks ! 

VPI scout turntable 
128x128tommypenngotti
If it was nude mounted on the cantilever this can aggravate or enable the loss of the stylus, compared to bonded stylus systems.

a quick check..says...nude mounted but on a sapphire cantilever?

with that cantilever, it has to be bonded. (glued) By definition bonding it means bonded (glued), not nude. There is contradiction here.

IF the cantilever is intact, AND it can be shown to be the glue that let go, and not a cantilever break-off, then you might be covered.
Tommy, I just had the same thing happen with a 4 month old Clearaudio. I took USB pictures of the cantilever which is dead straight without any sign of abuse. You can see these pictures on my system page. I sent these to the dealer Elusive Disc who sent them to the importer. I had a brand new cartridge and a return shipping label in 4 days. The dealer wants you to buy more stuff and the cartridge is still under warranty. They should replace it or at least prorate it. This turns out to be a common problem with styli that are glued on instead of pressed through the cantilever.
Did you ever use a stylus cleaner to clean? Ortofon warns against using any liquid cleaners or onzow gel. They say the chemicals can dissolve the cement used to bond the stylus to cantilever. I have the same cart by the way and is about 4 yrs old now.