Does pin hole in woofer affect sound quality?

Hello. I own a pair of 2nd generation DCM Time Windows. I am the original owner of these incredible loud speakers. I am currently restoring my 1980's era Hi-Fi system, including the Time Windows.  After removing the grill cloth from the speakers, I noticed one of the woofers in one of the speakers has a pin hole in the diaphragm paper. How much will this affect the sound quality and response of this speaker? Should I consider replacing this woofer? Thanks!
rockstar84
Not at all if it's repaired, or doesn't grow.. A little dab of silicone, or a couple fiberglass hairs and a little nail polish. A few way to repair, it..

That stuff is in most homes, in or around, ay?

Regards
or a couple fiberglass hairs 
where is he supposed to obtain that?
It’s an easy enough repair. You can get some non-alkaline wood glue and seal the hole. Failing that some common or garden PVA glue will do.

Most wood glue is made of similar material to that of the paper cone itself so that won’t be a problem. You might want to first remove the driver and fill it from behind for the sake of cosmetics.

As it’s only a pin hole you won’t need to pad it with any tissue etc.

You could also leave it and keep using them as they are. A pinhole is unlikely to turn into a tear under anything like normal sound levels. It will work and sound fine, but then you might risk getting thrown out of the audiophile members club!

We tend to be like those car owners who can’t abide an otherwise imperceptible paint scratch along the bodywork. The kind that affects the owners state of mind far more than the vehicles performance (or even appearance).
If the hole is round with no edges (check both sides of driver) no issue unless it distracts visibly. Otherwise, if you feel some edge that may produce a tear later, any if the above will do, preferably wood glue or nail polish that matches with drive unit coulor. Just a small amount on a needle pin.
G
No effect on sound now, but patch it so it doesn’t grow. Don’t change the mass of the woofer. I mean, you have to but don’t do anything big that could significantly alter the driver mass. A dab of fingernail polish or tiny patch along with it is fine.