Placement of Dual Powered Subs with Tower Speakers

Just purchased a second REL S/5 Sho. Main speakers rated down to low 30's...I know exact placement was crucial with single sub, wondering if just as crucial with 2...
jl35
Erik asked: "OK, so how do you get to this asymetrical plan? Do you use a room simulation similar to REW’s?"

You could.

In practice the room’s layout usually imposes constraints, and from there one just applies the basic principle of maximizing spacing and asymmetry. Like I recently did a layout for someone who wanted to avoid wires crossing walkways, and one quadrant of the room was off limits. Those were the constraints, and from there it was pretty straightforward.

Duke
In practice the room’s layout usually imposes constraints, and from there one just applies the basic principle of maximizing spacing and asymmetry. Like I recently did a layout for someone who wanted to avoid wires crossing walkways, and one quadrant of the room was off limits. Those were the constraints, and from there it was pretty straightforward.

@audiokinesis
Well, color me surprised this works as well as you have experienced!! It feels a little too much like relying on serendipity for me to have every thoguht to try it this way. :-)
Erik wrote:  " Well, color me surprised this works as well as you have experienced!! It feels a little too much like relying on serendipity for me to have every thoguht to try it this way. :-) "  

I have nothing against measurements and modelling and use both extensively myself. But not everyone has access to such, so I have suggestions which do not require them.

Duke