Tubes for Schiit Saga

Just purchased the original Saga for a second system, using with refurbished Parasound amp...wondering if it's worth changing the included tube ... Thanks
jl35
It is probably worth it but I don't have any recs.  Do some research and join the Schitt group on fb.
Try it with the stock tube. You probably won’t hate it, but if you do I’m not sure another tube will fix it. I’ve seen several 6SN7 shootouts, one was even using several Sagas and blind. A NOS tube can sound better, but ask yourself how much you are willing to spend on a tube compared to the price of the preamp before getting sucked down that rabbit hole. There are tubes that sell for more than you paid for the Saga.
I put a Raytheon VT-231 in my Saga+. Mostly it was out of curiosity as I’m pretty new to tubes. Might try some others eventually to see if I can get a better feel for tube characteristics so I’m capable of describing differences with more detail than I like it. Even if it’s obviously better, it’s hard to describe in terms that aren’t a basic salad of audiophile buzzwords. 
Thanks. I like it with standard tube in current set up. Just curious if others have found some modest price tubes that work well 
I have a Saga+ which, as you likely know, has a passive mode which only acts as a volume control, and an active mode which uses the tube as a unity gain buffer. The tube that came with my preamp is incredibly neutral. You have to listen very closely to spot a difference between the passive and active modes, though the active mode is very slightly smoother, though with no loss of highs or dynamics.  

Personally, I'm not going to spend any time tube rolling. I like the sound I'm getting from the Saga as-is.