upgrade to the original birdland

Can anyone tell me which dac would be an upgrade to my Birdland odeon lite under 700$? I have meadowlark kestral 2 speakers and a cayin ta-30 integrated. Thanks for the input!
sean34
Thanks man, I do understand from your explanation! I have heard two things on the reference 3a...people like em or hate em...the ones that don't like them seem to say that they are the same problem that I am having now...zingy?

I do have the echo problem, my wife has let me make the room a dedicated listening room! Soooo, there is no furniture except a chair. The floor is pergo with a area rug covering 3/4's of it, one solid wall and one wall with a picture window with curtains that stay closed. The speakers fire down the length of the room. At the opposite end of where the speakers are pointed there are french doors that open.
If your room is bare you need one of two things or both.Room treaments or furniture or both. Maybe a couple of fake plants wouldn't hurt either.It will atleast help. I assumed you had these speakers in a room with furnishings.Since you didn't mention otherwise in your previous post.Take care of the room.. after this you can decide if it's time to try a different pair of speakers or not.

Good listening
gmood1, have you ever heard the silverline sr17 or any of the jm reynaud monitors?
No I haven't Sean.You may get some opinions on them if you post the question in the speaker forum.Also let them know what types of music you listen too. Every bit of info helps us to understand what your trying to do.
I listen to jazz, blues, pop, lots of female singers(and male)rock. No classical.