Who makes the best turntable belt?

I’m in need of a custom turntable belt made to the length I specify. This is because I changed the motor on my Vpi Classic 4 to the new SOTA motor which has a different pulley so the optimal length was not known. I have an Origin Live belt which is pretty good but it has a small amount of width variation. I’m not sure if that is a factor in the measurements I’m seeing. Complicating matters is that I specified too long a belt so I cut it down and spliced it several times with super glue until it stopped slipping on the pulley and gave good measurements. But through this experimentation I’ve determined a length which is yielding 45.00 rpm, +- .01%, .1% w/f, as measured by Platter Speed, which is slightly better than what I could get with a VPI round belt. So now that I know the exact length I need, I’m wondering if I can do any better. A Basis site I was reading was describing how they have achieved an ultra precision ground flat belt and how it makes a big difference, but that’s for their own tables. I will be speaking with Origin Live next week. Maybe all I need to do is re-order their belt since I now know what length I need.
earthtones
I doubt the Origin Live belt is causing your variations, unless your splicings are crude. I would order a new belt that has the right size, they are not crazy expensive and work very well. I have used them for years now, and even with my current large motor/100lbs platter they work perfectly. The RoadRunner shows speed variations of only +/- 0,003
If you know your exact dimensions, go to turntablebasics.com. Don't worry about the low prices.
Good info, thanks everyone. My Roadrunner is showing about the same variance, so I’m going to pat myself on the back for my superglue job!