Perfect Speaker Placement - Put next to the back wall as much as possible.

Hello,

I happen to find an good article about the ideal speaker placement. 
(Easiest version without numbers & formulas that I can’t honestly understand :D)

I’d like to share. 

Personally I find two things interesting.

1) Only use 40% of the room area (38% rule)

2) Put the speaker as close as possible to the back-wall (next to bass trap)

Of course, minor adjustment would be required depending on speakers.
Still, I think this is helpful to figure out the very first step. 

http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/room-setup-speaker-placement/

https://realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm

Happy listening.

p.s. what should I do with half of the room left... :?
128x128sangbro
The acoustic properties they discuss are universal,
I think that this is right because the ratio 62% to 38% is an expression of the Golden Ratio....Then older than european civilization and well known in very ancient times and used by the Greek in acoustic...This ratio is a constant of nature not a fad of the moment...

Then the change of goal using a mixing studio or a small room for music dont change acoustic indeed....
And yet no one has addressed Maggie’s that are dipoles and reflect far more than box speakers.  There is no ONE rule for speaker placement.  It depends on many factors,not he least of which is speaker design.
For the maggies i dont know, i own box speakers, but the golden proportion has make his proof in all nature and in all the best old monastery with an extraordinary acoustic and not only greek hall...

Acoustic law dont change with speakers, but some speakers yes need precise location that cannot be the same than a box speaker.... But i an pretty sure that you can use the same golden geometry in another way with the maggies perhaps not the same % from the back or front wall but perhaps the ratio of the distance of each of the maggies speakers from the lateral wall and from each other try it with the same proportion....You must experiment...

«Why Cleopatra was so beautiful? It is only geometry brother»-Groucho Marx

«What is acoustic? A flowing silent geometry» Anonymus

Happy new year....
ieales wrote:

"As a retired recording engineer, I can tell you first hand that studio and home setups are as different as chalk and cheese.

"In the studio, we don’t listen to music. We listen to instruments, voices and mixes.

"B I G difference."

^^This^^
baylinor -- you actually induced me to take a tape measure out and measure the speaker distance from the front wall.  Assuming that the 38% figure is from the wall to the speaker's business end and not from the end where the wires attach, I've found I'm within a quarter inch from 38%. No wonder my system is so world class.  If Hairy Person were still kicking, he'd give my ears a medal. I dig your Aladdin Sane avatar, too.