Perfect Speaker Placement - Put next to the back wall as much as possible.

Hello,

I happen to find an good article about the ideal speaker placement. 
(Easiest version without numbers & formulas that I can’t honestly understand :D)

I’d like to share. 

Personally I find two things interesting.

1) Only use 40% of the room area (38% rule)

2) Put the speaker as close as possible to the back-wall (next to bass trap)

Of course, minor adjustment would be required depending on speakers.
Still, I think this is helpful to figure out the very first step. 

http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/room-setup-speaker-placement/

https://realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm

Happy listening.

p.s. what should I do with half of the room left... :?
128x128sangbro
My experience tells me speakers must have room to breathe.  Pull speakers out from the wall.  It will always sound better. 
As a retired recording engineer, I can tell you first hand that studio and home setups are as different as chalk and cheese.

In the studio, we don't listen to music. We listen to instruments, voices and mixes.

B I G  difference.
This thread is really helping me to understand why so many recordings sound the way they do. How are you going to get a nice deep wide sound stage when they aren't listening for it and even if they were couldn't hear it anyway because of the way they're laid out? 
Wilson Duette 2s, back against the wall
Audionote (UK) E, J, K. In the corners
Niam DBL, NBL, SBL,SL2 etc, all back against a solid wall (not plasterboard)
Same for the orignal Linn Isobariks
All Laesen speakers.

These are all designed for near wall placement and sound bass light out in the room. I own the Naim NBLs and they don’t need bass traps to work 6.0cm from the wall at their backs (but note the precision of that measurement).
I’ve not heard Duettes, Briks or Larsens; the Audionotes can give a very large scale sound but it takes a bit of careful positioning to not get ten foot guitars along with it. None will give that holographic imaging that I’ve heard from some systems but I’ve never heard it in a concert hall or opera house so that doesn’t bother me..

I beg to differ ieales. The usage is different, but acoustics does not magically change, and goals acoustically need to be similar. Read the articles in detail. The acoustic properties they discuss are universal, but very few have ever done the work to place speakers close to a wall and address issues both from an acoustic treatment standpoint and an equalization standpoint.  The articles clearly discuss these issues. They don't say this is the only optimum method, they do say it can have optimum properties by placing the rear wall and hence rear wall reflection as far away as possible hence removing its interaction in the listening experience. That of course does not change for home listening either.

Not a recording engineer, but spent much of my life in the technical ends of the recording industry to pretty intimately familiar.