Perfect Speaker Placement - Put next to the back wall as much as possible.

Hello,

I happen to find an good article about the ideal speaker placement. 
(Easiest version without numbers & formulas that I can’t honestly understand :D)

I’d like to share. 

Personally I find two things interesting.

1) Only use 40% of the room area (38% rule)

2) Put the speaker as close as possible to the back-wall (next to bass trap)

Of course, minor adjustment would be required depending on speakers.
Still, I think this is helpful to figure out the very first step. 

http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/room-setup-speaker-placement/

https://realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm

Happy listening.

p.s. what should I do with half of the room left... :?
128x128sangbro
Your Maggies and Martin Logan's may not work as noted, that article was not targeting this type of speaker. However your Triangles, with the proper acoustic treatment would. Just because a speakers name is Triangle does not change the physics of acoustics.
Amazing, math and physics work! Thank you for the post @baylinor.  If you do measurements, you will likely find that is where the frequency response is flattest.

However I find that the 38% rule from the back wall is the ultimate position for me. I kept moving my seat between 33% and 43% and somehow I always end up at 38%. No joke. It is the truth.

I determined my position by listenings in regular position and in near field... Interestingly my 2 best locations respect this 38%...

My first seat near the speakers is at 38% from the front wall,,,

My second seat from the back wall is also at 38 %...

I just measured few minutes ago to verify...

In these 2 positions imaging and soundstage are holographic and near perfect...I attributed that to my embeddings controls but also i have always be conscious that optimal location for the ears exist, it is just that i never know this %....

😊

I determined my regular position with my ears ignoring this rule at this time...But now it is amazing that it works....Anyway even without knowing the rule it is relatively easy to spot the location with short listenings sessions....i did it...

Interesting..... A number to be remembered....You know why?

Simple...It just POP in my brain...

Because this is the value of the golden proportion, the crux of greek esthetic and acoustic and of Egyptian architecture....Rediscovered by Fibonacci in Italy just before Leonardo....

This is the reason why i suspended my copper bell resonator in the center of my room from the ceiling at the same proportion...I just realized that...

This law of acoustic is older than the Greek theater .... 😊

« Universes passes by but the golden ratio stay»- Some reincarnation of Pythagorus

«All your % is bullshit, i must pay my taxes anyway»- Groucho Marx

I have gained a lot of knowledge and have received a lot of useful advice from various posts in this forum. Obviously, there are those here who have a wealth of knowledge and experience with audio equipment and the application of them into the listening environment. Often, the discussions stray from the main subject of the OP. Sometimes these stray comments are constructive and one may pick up some info that wasn't expected.
   However, dueling opinions and personal insults are things best left out of the intent of the forum to help readers obtain answers to specific issues. I praise the knowledge of some of the posters in this forum but do not want to sift thru unrelated input to the questions at hand.
Happy New Year Everyone.