A deeper more holographic soundstage.

I was wondering by what means you have created a deeper soundstage. I am satisfied with the width but I really feel it is a bit 2 dimensional. It doesn't go back far enough. I like more layers of sound that reach towards you from the blackness.
As I've already spent quite a bit on my system I am unable to buy much more expensive components.
Did you upgrade one component that made the difference? Placement of speakers? New footers or tweaks such as Stillpoints?
Two subs instead of one(I have one)? Different placement of subs? I am working with a very tight space so it is difficult to move things without them being in the center of the room.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
roxy1927
A good tube preamp will tend to give a much deeper and more room-filling soundstage if the rest of the system is up to it.And yes with a SS power amp.I have heard that effect many times in many systems.Supratek preamps are especially good in that regard and why so many people use them with SS power amps.Especially the DHT ones.Once you hear that there is no going back to flat and congested sounding preamps.
I dont have a dog in this fight since I am a home theater buff and dont have a 2 ch setup.

Recently I was speaker shopping at a Best Buy Magnolia and their set up is such that they can switch from amp to amp with a tap of a button. 

I noticed increased sound stage depth and holographics each time we switched from a Marantz SR8015 to a McIntosh MA5300. Like a 20 percent perceived increase of depth.  From that I concluded that sometimes electronics do matter for sound stage even in the solid state category.
You are comparing an AV receiver that could be doing any number of things to the signal to an integrated 2 channel that could also be doing many things and add in differences in level and expecting them to be the same.