Perfect Speaker Placement - Put next to the back wall as much as possible.

Hello,

I happen to find an good article about the ideal speaker placement. 
(Easiest version without numbers & formulas that I can’t honestly understand :D)

I’d like to share. 

Personally I find two things interesting.

1) Only use 40% of the room area (38% rule)

2) Put the speaker as close as possible to the back-wall (next to bass trap)

Of course, minor adjustment would be required depending on speakers.
Still, I think this is helpful to figure out the very first step. 

http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/room-setup-speaker-placement/

https://realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm

Happy listening.

p.s. what should I do with half of the room left... :?
128x128sangbro
Yeah, not for home use. The long wall is usually the best wall and your loudspeaker will determine where it NEEDS to be. From Maggies out 6 feet from the front wall to Klipsch Cornwalls that like wall placement, your speaker design overrides all pseudo science formulas. 
My gosh look at the people without an understanding of acoustics (probably who didn't even read the article in detail) puffing their chests.

While bipolar and omnidirectional speakers obviously were not a consideration for any of those articles, Klipsch would still come into consideration and for any normal dynamic speaker, it would come into play.  Really how many of the people responding actually read the article in full and understood it before replying?  Thank you Erik for obviously digging deep enough to see the comment w.r.t. damping.

russ69, the long wall is rarely the best wall for speaker placement.

twoleftears:  Sorry the 2nd sentence is absolutely correct, but your wrong conclusion is certainly possible if you didn't actually read the article or understand it.

For those of you far more interested in extolling your "expertise" instead of learning, the articles very clearly discuss the aspects of moving your speakers into the room. Heck, they even talk about the distance from the front wall, and what frequencies that causes issues with, and how far they need to be out from the wall, even dependent on the frequency response of the speaker. IF you had read and understood the articles instead of being keyboard warriors, maybe you would have discovered that.

If you can't move your speakers out from the wall, which can be often the case in small rooms, home theaters, small mixing studios, etc. then you need to deal with having the speakers close to the wall, and if they have to be close to the wall, it is often better to have them really close. Why? ... well if you read the articles you would know. It is because of the frequencies affected, the closer to the wall, the higher the frequencies and the easier to address with acoustic treatment.  Will you get boundary reinforcement. Yes. Do the articles address this? Yes. Again, if you read that, you would know that.

The articles were written by people who obviously have a much deeper understanding of speaker placement, acoustics, and general implementation than most of those commenting.

It's the new year we've all been waiting for...sadly MC continues his arrogance and mean-spirited contributions just like 2020 and all years prior.  Sigh..  
"...the long wall is rarely the best wall for speaker placement..."

Let's just say this has not been my experience with the dozens of locations and systems I have owned. And there is no need to try to discount the opinions of others. The suggested set-up does not work with all loudspeakers and is not seen in any true hi-fi system installation that I know about. Perhaps it's geared for working systems (that have different requirements) rather than home systems, I don't know. The best nearfield system I put together had the loudspeakers 5 feet out into the room and the seat 6 feet from that in a tiny room. The soundstage was awesomely wide and deep, way beyond the room boundaries. Perhaps my best system to date. That didn't happen by luck. 
I wish I could push my speakers against the wall and get good sound but that hasn't been possible with the loudspeakers I owned in the last 45 years. YMMV.