Should I use Speaker Spike / Isolation Base or Something?

Hello,

Some speakers have 4 sets of pucks (made of thermoplastic) in its bottom.

I think it would work great on hard floor.

But how about carpeted floor? Can I just put this puck foot on the carpet?

Or should I replace it with spike?

Or should I put kind of plate (Isolation Base) between the carpet and the speaker puck?

Or can I just use something like bamboo cutting board (from thin one from Ikea to 4” thick butcher board)?

What would be the best way? :)
128x128sangbro
Check out Herbies Audio Lab.  I replaced expensive Isoacoustics footers with Herbies giant fat Gliders and could not hear a difference at all.  Much less expensive and the added benefit of being able to glide your speakers over the carpet if you want to slide them out of the way or just adjust the position.
I think that Spikes work well on wood floors
 Other then Spikes soft material  on anything but wood .   
one suggestion, if you can live with it,  is do what i did and cut the carpet completely out from under the speaker.  I then took hard wood boards and ran them across bolting them in to the floor joists for a really strong and solid platform.  Then i set the speakers feet right on those boards. 

I used the brass feet from Mapleshade to great affect,  but now, like a lot of the guys above,  use the GAIA feet under my Thiel 3.7 speakers. 
ClearThinker....The speakers ARE on spikes.....I described the flooring....Travertine tile cemented to the foundation of the house.
I put Herbes under my speakers which absolutely ruined the sound of my Vandersteen 5A's. ....just wondering...if the speakers are designed at having the sound arrive at the appropriate time, springs which allow movement, will blur the sonic picture. no?.  I know that moving my speakers to absolutely vertical because of a  very slightly unequal floor, makes a very real difference for the better.