2021 audio system wish list

So, what changes, if any, are you planning to your system for 2021? 
128x128zavato
ozzy,

If your state is Michigan, you might have misunderstood the immunization plan.

"But, our dim witted Governor has decided that anyone under age 74 waits for the vaccine as 16 year old’s do. All others are ahead in the line."
16-year-olds you seem to be referencing are not just any of the 16-year-olds. They are somewhat different category...

"Phase 1C includes other essential workers, persons 65 to 74 years of age, and individuals 16 to 64 years of age with underlying medical conditions."

It also seems not to be random decision by a dim-witted Governor...

"MDHHS is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations for prioritization of distribution and administration of COVID-19 vaccines for adults."

" CDC and ACIP have defined populations for different vaccination phases "

I hope it clarifies confusion and puts your mind at ease. You are in a relatively high priority group and "all others" are, in fact, behind you in Group (Phase) 2.

MI_COVID-19_Vaccination_Prioritization_Guidance_710349_7.pdf (michigan.gov)

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Updated Interim Recommendation for Allocation of COVID-19 Vaccine — United States, December 2020 | MMWR (cdc.gov)
"At the current rate of vaccinations, it will take about 10 years to immunize American citizens."

Current rate is limited, in part, by vaccine availability. It is expected to increase substantially in coming months rendering the above comment/calculation pointless.

However, even at current, clearly increasing, rate of 255 000 doses delivered daily it would take much less than 10 years to immunize all American citizens. It would take 3.5 years for a dose and, assuming no increase in anything, 7 years for two doses per person.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations - Statistics and Research - Our World in Data

Speaking of additional incorrect insinuations...

South Dakota follows the CDC plan...

COVIDVaccineDistribution_Phase1.pdf (sd.gov)

and Florida prioritizes people over 65 even more than CDC plan...

LG-BIZHUB-20201223003549 (flgov.com) 
Acoustical treatment in both my living room and media room. Maybe add a sub to the living room system to fill out the bottom end of my LS50s.

As for Covid - my New Year's wish is to get vaccinated, and for those who still don't think Covid is any worse than the flu, or deny that there's a pandemic at all to get a clue.
On New Years eve I stayed home and demoed the RAAL SR1a and HSA-1b headphone amp. Unfortunately, I will have to now buy both of these pieces. It is 3AM and I am playing album after album. Going to start the New Year pretty tired.

I tried the SR1a with my 2 channel amp via the amp interface but the RAAL HSA-1b was just much better with a direct connection.

This will be a very popular headphone system, even with 2 channel folks.
As bad a year as 2020 was, I was able to obtain two of the three items on my list:

1.  Audio Research SP-6B pre-amp
2.  Audio Research EC-21 crossover (made for my Tympani 1-C speakers).

Now, with the Hafler 500 on the bottom, I need an Audio Research amp for the top.  Looking at several--D-76A, D-90, M300 MkII monoblocks, etc.  Need something I can have confidence in and that AR can still repair.  Calls to them have given me the information I need, so all of these amps are OK in that respect.  NOW, get some $$ together and purchase the amp(s) and I am done as I am very old and not going to change out stuff any more!

Happy days...

Cheers!