Mistakes I’ve made

Lending out audio gear!

Loaned a turntable to a relative- he tossed it in the trash when he was done with it and switched to cd

Loaned a turntable to a friend- he has no idea what happened to it 

Loaned a receiver and cassette deck to a relative- he bought a mini system and threw out my gear 

Loaned another receiver to a friend- got smashed 

what “why did I do that” moments have you had? 
128x128zavato
I've just been having a look at your system and noticed on your wall a copy of Moonrise over Hernandez by the God of Photography ,
Ansel Adams , tell me it's an original !!!
Playing a record one time went to flip it over, slipped out of my hands and flew behind the rack. Now has a tick. First thought no big, just buy another. Come to find out Lost on the River, the New Basement Tapes, what few copies there are on Discogs are like $200 now. Ouch.  
Jim204

It’s an original reproduction but I do have other honest to goodness hand made in a darkroom prints hanging up as well throughout my home. No one famous. Two of them are in my system photo. Just below and slightly left of Moonrise is a photo of a row of knitting machines in a sweater factory, early morning, with the sun streaming in. That photo was taken in the 70’s. Another is right above my turntable- a half sunk rowboat - that’s from the 80’s 

I am a huge fan of B&W photography. Moonrise is an amazing image 
Mijostyn 

I’m just more foolish. I’ve also loaned out photo equipment with similar effect. 
I have some gear that would be worthy of pro use. I loaned pro flash gear to a person who was trying to break into the wedding photography business.  Person had that piece for a long time- probably a few years and it saw heavy use. After a while it started not working quite right. How did I find out? “Hey- yeah, well the piece you loaned me started acting up- I hope you don’t mind but since it wasn’t working right anymore I threw it out”

the only time I ever borrowed a camera- it was from a relative- it did break while I had it. I had it repaired, returned the camera, and never mentioned to my relative that it broke.