Should I use Speaker Spike / Isolation Base or Something?

Hello,

Some speakers have 4 sets of pucks (made of thermoplastic) in its bottom.

I think it would work great on hard floor.

But how about carpeted floor? Can I just put this puck foot on the carpet?

Or should I replace it with spike?

Or should I put kind of plate (Isolation Base) between the carpet and the speaker puck?

Or can I just use something like bamboo cutting board (from thin one from Ikea to 4” thick butcher board)?

What would be the best way? :)
128x128sangbro
@clearthinker,I used the Triton Refs floor spikes and went with the GAIA II instead as I felt they were a bigger improvement.  The GAIA carpet spikes are cups with metal protruding to grab the rugs, they are not spikes persay.  The footers sit inside the cups which grab the carpet.
Another vote for the IsoAcoustic Gaias. Marten loudspeakers have teamed up with IsoAcoustics for their higher end models.
@stereo5
Your speaker will still be wiggling around and muddying the transmission of your sound.
Blowing in the wind.

@miglik   Your speakers too will be blowing in the wind if you don't couple them to something solid.

The issue is to prevent the speakers oscillating relative to your ears in the listening seat.  That oscillation will oscillate the sound you hear.
Simple physics.

Try not to listen too much to MC.
Clearthinker is absolutely right. Any vibration of the speaker is distortion. The game is to hold the speaker as rigidly as possible under the circumstances. Springs are beyond belief silly even on a wooden floor which is going to vibrate at it's resonance frequency regardless. A concrete floor is wonderful as least for speakers. Not so much for turntables as there is rumble that will travel through a concrete floor. Speakers should always be spiked if possible. If a stand is used they should be firmly attached to the stand and the stand spiked to the floor.