Should I use Speaker Spike / Isolation Base or Something?

Hello,

Some speakers have 4 sets of pucks (made of thermoplastic) in its bottom.

I think it would work great on hard floor.

But how about carpeted floor? Can I just put this puck foot on the carpet?

Or should I replace it with spike?

Or should I put kind of plate (Isolation Base) between the carpet and the speaker puck?

Or can I just use something like bamboo cutting board (from thin one from Ikea to 4” thick butcher board)?

What would be the best way? :)
128x128sangbro
stringreens         +1 +1 +1

stereo5     Why not try with just the spikes?
It all depends on the floor and the speakers. There is a setup man who wrote a great article on why he never uses spikes and why. I had Quad speakers and adding spikes turned them into unlistenable, my current open baffle speakers sound soooo much better with no spikes and just using the feet that the spikes screw into on each speaker. Yes, with spikes it does sound clear and clean, but the body, weight, dynamics are reduced, vocals airy but no chest of weight to it. So much is generalized and becomes something you just do, I have learned over 30 years to think outside the box and try something and see how it works in your system, and #1 your room acoustics impacts more than any power cable, interconnects or a gear change, room focus to me must be #1, spikes, no spikes try it for yourself and listen. My. Dynaudio Confidence 5 speakers sound good with spikes so there you go.
You want to couple the speakers to the floor.
IsoAcoistics will decouple as will any soft things like springs.
For a night and day improvement go with Stillpoints Ultra Minis. They screw into the speaker.
They will couple and turn the vibration to heat. But the movement of the drivers will stay in the box and not be drained into the floor.
You will need 6 x $100. They will be $25 less each since you don’t need the bases. I have them on my 190 lb speakers and the effect is transformative. The best $600 you can spend.
@clearthinker,I used the Triton Refs floor spikes and went with the GAIA II instead as I felt they were a bigger improvement.  The GAIA carpet spikes are cups with metal protruding to grab the rugs, they are not spikes persay.  The footers sit inside the cups which grab the carpet.
Another vote for the IsoAcoustic Gaias. Marten loudspeakers have teamed up with IsoAcoustics for their higher end models.