Should I use Speaker Spike / Isolation Base or Something?

Hello,

Some speakers have 4 sets of pucks (made of thermoplastic) in its bottom.

I think it would work great on hard floor.

But how about carpeted floor? Can I just put this puck foot on the carpet?

Or should I replace it with spike?

Or should I put kind of plate (Isolation Base) between the carpet and the speaker puck?

Or can I just use something like bamboo cutting board (from thin one from Ikea to 4” thick butcher board)?

What would be the best way? :)
128x128sangbro
Years ago when I had big ATC speakers I always thought the bass could be better so I got a couple of slate slabs to put my speakers on and that certainly helped. I thought it could be better still so I went on E-Bay and bought some car valve springs and put 4 under each speaker and what a difference that made. Try that .a very worthwhile fix for not a lot of money.
millercarbon has the right idea and I can vouch for springs.  I went through gliders, spikes, no spikes, spikes on 1 1/2 inch stone.  I finally settled on Townshend seismic podiums.  They are on carpet on a second story suspended floor and are the clear winner.  To me they are an essential component.  
Agreed. While not cheap, the Townshend podiums under my Focal Maestros did the trick. 
Post removed 
If you can afford to purchase the isoacoustic GAIA  https://isoacoustics.com/products/gaia-series/ for your speaker size and the carpet discs - they are not cheap but WOW they work great !