Should I got full tubes or stick with hybrid amps?

I currently have a Jolida 1501. I like it but I think I have upgraditis. I originally bought it (hybrid) because I’m really sensitive to highs (get a headache). It’s been good to me and I can listen without fatigue.

To help with upgraditis, I just bought a Yamaha AS801 to try out and although it definitely sounds good and has nice detail it is creating a little fatigue for me. I’m still in the break-in period so this may smooth out a bit.  (I definitely like having bass/treble controls).

Thinking about picking up a full tube amp or another hybrid for comparison. I don’t know much about other manufacturers of tubes/hybrids.

What’s the difference (sonically) between a hybrid and a full tube amp? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!
soundchasr
I have the Yamaha A-S701 (same as 801 w/o the good DAC), and at first I found it to be a hard in the treble.  I did several things that addressed this, and the sound is much better than I would have thought it could be.  

First I used vibration control footers underneath it and a weight on top.  I also replaced the stock fuse with a HiFi Tuning Supreme Cu fuse - these tend to give a warmer sound.  And, of course, I used a decent power cable with it.  I was surprised by how much it improved the overall sound and relaxed the treble.  Of course, I would recommend these tweaks with any amp - it's not just the A-S701 that benefits.  That being said, if you are looking for a smooth, non-fatiguing top end, the A-S801 is probably not the ideal amp for you.  

Just my two cents,Scott
"...How would the Musical Fidelity compare with the Yamaha AS801?..."

I would recommend a M5si or a M6si. Tons of power, more than their wattage rating suggests. It would be a giant step up from mass consumer products.

P.S. I have heard a number of Musical Fedelity integrateds and they all sound great. I run an M3si with a pair of Martin Logan electrostatics and it sounds great. It replaced a 6K 400 WPC McIntosh amp.
If you're curious what the full tube experience is like, you'll never know without giving it a try.  Then do some tube rolling to taylor the tonal balance  and signature specifically to your liking.  It's not only fun to do, but is part of the experience that only tubes can offer.  Most won't go back.
@russ69 
Those Musical Fidelity amps are considerably more expensive than the 801...... I'm sure they sound great. :-) 

@smrex13 
I have a better power cord I'll try. I've never heard of changing out the fuse before. I'll look at that.  

I'm also still about 20 hours into the break-in.  
Why not try to score a Jolida 102 or a 202 (202s are available on ebay all the time), and then you can do your own comparison, which is going to be more reliable than what anyone can recommend here (actually the only reliable test).  If you prefer the 1500, you'll be able unload the 202 for pretty much what you paid for it.  If you prefer the 202, sell the 1500.  In the end, you'll be out maybe $100-200 at most, and you'll feel you know for certain the answer to your question.