New Klipsch Forte III’s

Just got my new Forte III’s in yesterday. I’ve put about 8 hours on them thus far. They sound fantastic, but the bass is a bit anemic, it’s there, and deep enough, but seems turned a few db down relative to the mids and highs. Now I know the room is some of this, since every speaker I’ve used has had the same issue. I have a REL sub, but I’d rather not use it.

Anyone else have these speakers, and does the bass get louder with break in?

Im using a BAT preamp and Parasound A21 amp. Source is NAD M51 DAC or Technics 1200gr TT.
last_lemming
@redwoodaudio  Interesting. I have to say, I'm using a tube amp with my Forte III's and I can't completely rule out that the less-than-optimal bass is due to the tubes/transformers which may be challenged. In any event, the HSU completely filled n what I was missing and the mids/highs are glorious.
Last_lemming,
I demoed a pair and sounded as you describe. I don’t know how much time was on them. I would add subs but I add subs to everything lol. 
I have Forte IIIs and have what I consider to be good bass. They're being driven by a Rogers tube amp. I also have a Hsu powered sub, but leave it off most of the time.

Since they have the passive radiator on the rear, they are sensitive to placement. Try moving them in your room (both toward and away from the walls) and see how that impacts bass. 

I bought mine used so I can't provide any insight into break-in. 

If you have the REL why wouldn't you use it? I think if properly integrated it will give you what you need.