High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion
@noble100 
Thanks ! Appreciate the response..   I have the pass XA25 which gets really warm, but it’s not a room heater like the higher output XA amps can be. I’m in NC too, which is why I eventually let my BAT VK75SE monos go. I was using various class D amps during the summer months. Those were driving my Vonschweikert VR7’s. Have since moved on to some Daedalus Speakers which are 95db sensitive, but need current to come alive. The Lil pass does a good job and sounds SET like without melting the surroundings. Been a great hobby during all the home time.. 
Hello bluorion,

It seems like you'd like thread posters to focus their attention and advice to your original OP subject.  Which I believe is that you're curious about whether your overall system sound quality and performance would improve by utilizing a good quality and high powered class D amp, or pair of monoblocks while using your Luxman integrated's preamp section.  Here's my take:

In my experience and in general, high quality class D amps have a very neutral and detailed presentation, like the audio ideal of a 'straight wire with gain'.  I believe this is mainly due to their inherent very low distortion levels, very low noise floors and voicing decisions made by the amp's designers, for example Bruno Putzeys,  I think other high quality class D amp module desingners have followed Putzeys lead in prioritizing accuracy in their designs.
     Some prefer this very neutral and accurate quality while others prefer a bit or more of coloration in their overall system sound.  Audio enthusiasts have various terms for these preferred colorations, such as 'warmth' or bloom', but they all typically require the amp design to emphasize even ordered harmonics, which humans perceive as euphonic, and attenuate odd ordered harmonics, which humans perceive as not euphonic, in their designs   It's also important to note that music itself can have varying degrees of euphonic qualities that we perceive.  And that the accuracy or quality of the music recording/mixing process can also either enhance or detract from the music's inherent euphonic qualities we perceive.  
     Personally, I've discovered it's best to view overall system sound as a continuum from very accurate and neutral to not accurate and colored.  I believe it's important to actually audition and experience different systems along this continuum to gain a better understanding of the differences in overall system sound qualities possible and which you prefer.
     I apologize for the length of this post but I know, from a lifetime of personal experience, that finding and creating an overall system sound quality that you really enjoy is complex and full of subtle shades of gray in practice.  I make no claims of simplicity in my journey or your possible journey.
    Nevertheless, I do have a few suggestions that are likely to shorten and simplify your pursuit:
  It's an asset to be adventurous and to not be overly hesitant to try new or different technologies, ideas or things in general.
     I know I learn and understand best through personal experience, perhaps you do, too.  Trying new and different things are a good way to not only discover what you like and enjoy, but also what you don't like and enjoy. A good example is your idea of combining the high quality preamp section of your Luxman integrated with a high powered and high quality class D stereo amp or pair of monoblocks.
     From your earlier posted list, I would recommend you begin your journey by trying either a D-Sonic stereo amp (starting at $1,475) or pair of monoblocks (starting at $2,250/pair).  I suggest you call the owner, Dennis Deacon, describe your idea and ask for his advice.  He's a good guy, very knowledgeable and honest.  I know his M3 amps are very good, with very detailed but smooth midrange and treble performance, because I own the M3-600-M monoblocks.   He told me the newer M3a amps are even better but I appreciated his honesty in also stating the improvement over mine were subtle and probably not worth the expense of upgrading.
     He offers a 30 day free-in home audition period with a no questions asked return policy, so there's literally no financial risk.  I have no association with D-Sonic, I'm just a big fan.
     Lastly, I want to mention that the quality and audible sonic characteristics of the preamp utilized with good quality class D amps is extremely important because these qualities are the major determinants of the overall sound quality perceived, since the D-Sonic amps are just going to faithfully amplify the inputted signals without adding or subtracting anything perceptible.
     I can relate the very different overall sound quality presentations resulting from the different preamps I've utilized in my system with the D-Sonic monoblocks, ranging from a VTL 2.5L with NOS Mullard tubes swapped out to a few other solid state preamps, if you'd like.

Best wishes,
    Tim 
many many good points made by noble100 in his lengthy post below

-- know that utter transparency is often not the path to musicality of presentation in a hifi system -- sympathetic coloration is frequently the magic ingredient
-- preamp/linestage feeding class d amp is key to sq (corollary is driver stage of the class d module affects the amp’s sound greatly)
-- hear enough of what’s possible and learn about yourself and what you like and value in terms of sq
-- pleasing others, seeking measured accuracy, pursuing ’straight wire w gain’ is often missing the point - which is to assemble a system that plays music so beautifully it moves us makes us smile and feel great

@noble100 @jjss49 Thanks for the advice and you made a lot of great points. Yes, I'm still learning and experimenting on my audiophile journey. I've never been an impulse buyer and try to do as much research as I can without over doing it. Funny you mentioned D-Sonic, That's at the top of my list and I may try the monos since that's something I've never done before. If times were different, I'd be going to brick and mortar stores to audition all day (like I used to back in the day). Well, the town I live in has 1 store and the customer service is questionable at best. So having a 30-day trial period is nice. W4S offers a 45 day trial---that was another one on my list. The ICs I'll be using with the amp will be Audioquest Big Surs. Do you recommend any particular brand with the D-Sonics? Again, thanks for the thoughtful posts.