Does a taste for high end audio, also carry over into your other interests?

I would guess there are some where high-end audio may be somewhat different than their interest or investment into "other" things.  From myself and my audiophile friends, there seemed to be interest in food, cameras, computers and even into musical instruments and architecture/house design/interior design.  

My question is, what else in your life gets the same attention and would some consider you "esoteric" in your choices?  Of my two closest audiophile friends, one is into other things such as his home and interior design, cameras, foods, travel...and more... and my other close friend could care less about gourmet anything or the design/style of his home/furnishings, etc.  so his interest in the high-end/audiophile world is more defined than some "other" things.    Just kind of an open ended thought.  In education some friends have pondered the idea of selective intelligence vs. global intelligence/awareness.  Gosh, this is starting to should like an article out of Psycho Today. 

In all cases with my friends and myself, the greatest interest is in family and friends...and those are the people we enjoy sharing the stereo/music with.  Hope all have a great holiday season. 

whatjd
The appreciation of aglets is quite limited.  Some I have known with a shoe fetish admired the well made aglet. 

a bit of creamed honey and...dried cranberries.  Check it out.  Awesome.  
@frogman We should have a PBJ or foodie thread! Cranberries? That's a spin. I do honey with fresh sliced banana (and PB) too.
Interesting question.

I don’t care for clothes - cheap and smart. Preferably cotton and non itchy.

I don’t care for cars. I just want reliable, reliable and reliable. OK maybe quiet and with a decent stereo too.

I don’t care for uber expensive phones either. My old 64gb iPhone 6s Plus seems to be working fine. When I upgrade it will be to an cheap amoled screen, eg Samsung etc.

On the other hand I find poor muffled washed out sound almost painful. All of my audio experience has to be vivid clean and dynamic as possible.

I like my books to be in excellent condition. No folding corners or corrections/ footnotes in ink.

My shoes need to be as light and comfortable as possible as well as being smart. Only black trainers as well.

My food also should be as rich in taste as it can be. No interest in eating cardboard or drinking distilled water.

What else is there that can be mentioned here?

Voices. I love those you can listen to without flinching. I don’t know if it’s just me but I find a some American women (New Yorkers?) to speak with a pinched squawk that is somewhat unpleasant.

I guess all those BBC/ITN newsreaders from the early 70s must have left some impression.

cd318 

When I was a high school freshman, I read that John Kennedy was a fan of Ian Fleming.  Later when I had the funds, I bought every first edition British pressing (Cape) of the Bond novels (with original Dust Jackets) .  A few years later I sold them in TWSJ for several times what I paid for them.  Now nearly any one of them would sell for about what I sold the whole set for......did I mention what I sold the 67 silver Stingray with soft and hard top for.....  Makes me cry. ...but hey, it had nearly 12k miles on it, so it was just an old used car.

Cheer up, its only money, and besides it was a Corvette. In 67 if I recall they still had live rear axles drum brakes and leaf springs like a pickup truck. Now if you had sold a Porsche then you would have lost disc brakes, torsion bars and independent suspension. So cheer up. Its not like you sold a real sports car, more like you lost an old pickup truck.