Reference 3a Decapo Anniversary

Hi everyone.  I've been in this hobby for more than 40 yrs and have heard and owned a wide range of gear. A recent purchase of the above speakers prompted me to post my first discussion  topic.  I am simply shocked at how good these speakers  sound. Colorful, clear, dynamic, open, even handed, vivid and alive but  not fatiguing. transparent-you name it. Essentially,  I find no fault with them. The beryllium tweeter is amazing. They work with various electronics and minimal fuss. Some might want a sub but in a copacetic room I would  say its optional. I wont belabor the point further but to anyone who gas been frustrated with this hobby, especially  speakers do yourself  a favor and search these out. 

Regards
Bruce 
128x128anvil_turntables
One of the things I have found most impressive is the even handed nature of the sound. Notes almost never push too forward and fatigue. Yet, they are among the most dimensional speakers I have heard and create a huge wall of sound. I can also listen to really poorly recorded music and still enjoy it. 

For months I was having a hard time determining what it was that really drew me in to these and now I can confidently say there is an "ease" about the presentation that is rare. It doesn't  sound like two boxes squeezing music out. Music just "happens"   
The 40th Anniversary MM de Capo BE is a direct result of the trickle down technology employed in their reference Reflector monitor.  In a conversation with the designer, he wanted to celebrate the speaker that put 3a on the map but had to limit the number produced because he knew it would cannibalizes sales of the $12k Reflector monitors. I believe that Anniversary model is now sold out.  The AE is a significant sonic improvement over the already stellar standard de Capo BE.  
I have heard the "regular" Decapo, but too many years ago to compare. The 40th is essentially the same beast, more resonance control and, I believe Tash adifferent tweeter cap and wiring. I haven’t heard the Reflector but I have seen them at shows. Nefes looks interesting too
From the manufacture, the difference between the standard and Anniversary edition is as follows:

1) Additional panels, bolted with a thin layer of constrain mode isolation to the sides and top of the cabinets.

2) Dense and heavy contoured rear panel bolted to the back of the cabinet with isolation layer.

3) Brass Tension rod mechanism across the cabinet walls inside the cabinet against outward movement of the cabinet walls.

4) Better acoustic absorption behind the mechanically grounded main driver.

5) Upgraded internal wiring

6) 6N OFC Silver jumpers

The emphasis is on increased cabinet rigidity much inline with the Reflector.