Music bleeding at zero volume

Trying to understand why music continues to play when I have the DAC/pre turned all the way down...

When it’s dead quite in the house - I don’t even need to turn up the volume from zero. It plays loud enough to hear comfortably. Using XLR interconnects. 

Sim Audio W5 power amp
Mertrum Acoustic Jade pre/DAC
bluesound node 2i
Von Schweikerts VR4 floor standing speakers
128x128ghulamr
Thank you @tvad @yogiboy 

I will try to see how to adjust the internal jumper to reduce the XLR gains by 3db. That’s the best option unless I switch to RCA. But I just bought new Belden 8402 XLR IC’s. 
Post removed 
@ three_easy_payments,
It is evidently difficult for the self proclaimed geniuses.  The love of thy own voice coupled with all-knowing cranial prowess leaves a lot to be desired by the masses when it is consistently displayed in the form of condescension.  Sad when one does not realize their writing manner, sadder yet when one intends to write in this form.   Something Almarg and other great minds here never displayed.  
@yogiboy I think the jumper setting is only relevant to when the lower jumper is set to fixed. 
... I told you that in case of the fixed position, the outputs conform to Redbook specs and are set by the upper jumper. If the upper jumper is set to the right, max output voltage is 3Vrms for the RCA output, 6Vrms for the XLR. But if you set this jumper to the left, this becomes 2/4V respectively...

I tried moving the upper jumper left keeping the lower jumper on variable (as I want to continue to use the jade as preamp) and it made no difference. Any thoughts? 
@ghulanr
Sorry but that’s about it with my thought on why you are having that problem. All the best!